2009年10月11日星期日

What a wonderful world

What a wonderful man, Louis Armstrong. He's so cool!

After watching this performance, someone said, "I see trees in green! This man is awesome and I THINK TO MYSELF, "what a wonderful
world!"



I see trees of green, red roses too,
I see them bloom, for me and you.
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white,
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night.
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky,
Also the faces of people going by.
I see friends shaking hands, say how do you do?
They're really saying, I love you.

I hear babies crying, I watch them grow,
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know.
And I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

Yes I think to myself... what a wonderful world.

Intended as an antidote for the increasingly racially and politically charged climate of everyday life in the United States, the song also has a hopeful, optimistic tone with regard to the future, with reference to babies being born into the world and having much to look forward to.

The song made Louis Armstrong the oldest male to top the charts, at sixty-six years and ten months old.

Info source: Wikipedia

没有评论:

发表评论