2009年9月9日星期三

Be Happy


Once a lady, who was troubled by many problems, approached Guru Ramana for some sound advice on how to live a contented life.

The Guru gave her a patient hearing and did not interrupt her as she listed all her troubles and needs. Once she was through he asked her to tell him, in simple terms, as to what exactly she was looking for and how he could be of help.

The lady blurted out - “Swamiji, I want to be happy! Nothing more. Please tell me how to be happy with all these things troubling me?”

Swami Ramana responded – “My Dear Lady, the solution is simple. Will you do as I tell you?”

The lady vigorously nodded her head to indicate her willingness.

The Guru continued – “You said ‘I want to be happy’. Now here is my advice. First drop the ‘I’ from the sentence. What is left in it now? Could you repeat it?”

She replied – “want to be happy.”

Guruji then said – “Ah! Now that we have got rid of ‘I’ from your statement, why don’t you remove ‘Want to’ also from it and repeat that which is remaining?”

She thought for a moment and said – “Be Happy”

“There you have it!” Guru chuckled “the solution to your problems.”

Lesson: Drop the ego,drop you desires...be happy

Watch Video: How to be Happy

没有评论:

发表评论